Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 89

Thread: Voice of the Theater Stickers

  1. #11
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Post removed

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ April 25, 2008 01:34 PM: Message edited by: bfish ]</font>

  2. #12
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Post removed

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ April 25, 2008 01:35 PM: Message edited by: bfish ]</font>

  3. #13
    Inactive Member ClassicComics's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here is the ebay guy: Doesn't look like it has a white border.... thoughts?

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3D4%26ps%3D42

  4. #14
    Inactive Member ClassicComics's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am just looking for a set of stickers for my speakers.... I have had these for probably 10 years or so. I bought them from a buddy who painted and restored them, but did not put labels on them.... I would like to finish them out and do it right. Do you think the decals from that link offering the matte finish would like like the originals? Also, I am sure I can find it by searching, but anyone have a measurement on an exact placement on the speakers for the stickers?

  5. #15
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Post removed

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ April 25, 2008 01:36 PM: Message edited by: bfish ]</font>

  6. #16
    Inactive Member ClassicComics's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I did, he said:

    "The originals used from 1945 thru the late 60's were water transfer but Altec switched to peel & stick in 1968. These are high quality exact reproductions of the peel & stick version. They are also the same size as the original water trasfer decals."

    I am going to go ahead and buy from him, but I just want to make sure these are the correct stickers for my speakers before I pay $40 for them.

    You have me concerned when you mention a white border.

    THANKS!

  7. #17
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Post removed

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ April 25, 2008 01:36 PM: Message edited by: bfish ]</font>

  8. #18
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Voice of the Theater Stickers


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by ClassicComics:
    I did, he said:

    "The originals used from 1945 thru the late 60's were water transfer but Altec switched to peel & stick in 1968. These are high quality exact reproductions of the peel & stick version. They are also the same size as the original water trasfer decals."

    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Worked with B & R Sound here in Columbus Spring of 1971...

    Brand new from the box A-7's used water transfer...I put them on myself.

    100% sure, date April or May.

    Info may be semi-correct, but at least wrong on date.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member ClassicComics's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    O G:

    Do the stickers he is selling look right to you?

    THANKS!

    Also, any info on where exactly to place on speakers?

  10. #20
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Voice of the Theater Stickers


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by ClassicComics:

    Decal paper may be the way to go, except I'll have to cut them from 11" x 17" paper, and I am not the super artistic type... can probably pull it off, but makes me nervous. Wonder what a print shop would charge to do it.


    THANKS!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would buy a pack of paper...10 sheets?

    Take the pack to a print shop...typically $1 per cut.
    One cut from each dimension gets the proper size...then run thru the bypass feeder one at a time... two cuts...

    Alternative print the info then 4 cuts to trim to size. I prefer the other method..

    Kinko's is often cooperative, may just take the paper and bfish's scan in on disk and have them do the whole thing..should be maybe a buck a copy plus $ to trim...might as well print the whole pack, you may screw up one, and when your friends see your new decals they may want a set...

    Too bad you ain't in cowtown Ohio, I'd cut them for you. OTOH they could be mailed back and forth media mail if you get stuck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.